Kiyoshi Nishimura question - Hairpin Circus / Red Target

Don Brown ryuganji at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:28:21 EST 2012

Hi Jasper,

The liner notes for the Hairpin Circus DVD mention that the Macao Grand
Prix scenes were "essential for the completion of the film" (perhaps it was
featured in Itsuki Hiroyuki's serialized novella on which the film was
based?). Toho were slow to permit the Macao shoot, so with the race
impending, subsidiary Tokyo Eiga put up provisional funds to make it
possible. The producers eventually received permission from Toho after the
scenes were shot. It was made for 45 million yen, which was the lowest
bracket for a Toho film at the time.

Don Brown