[KineJapan] Kinema Club XIV at Meiji University, Call for Papers

Roland DOMENIG domenig at ltr.meijigakuin.ac.jp
Mon Aug 18 03:56:38 EDT 2014

Call for Papers for the 14h Kinema Club Conference on Film and Moving Images from Japan

KINEMA CLUB XIV at Meiji University, Tokyo

organized by Susanne Schermann and Roland Domenig

Conference Theme: Transitions: From ‘Silent Film’ to Talkies. Japanese Cinema in the Early 1930s

Date: November 21-22, 2014 Meiji University (Surugadai Campus), Tokyo

Deadline for submissions: September 30, 2014

We welcome single submissions as well as submissions for panels (3-4 presenters). Due to time and space limitations we have to restrict the program to 15 to 18 papers. Each presentation should be no longer than 40 minutes (including discussion). Presentations in English and Japanese are welcome.

The conference will be held on November 21 and 22 at the Surugadai Campus in Central Tokyo. A film program with movies from the period will accompany the conference.  Kinema Club XIV will be the second Kinema Club Conference in Japan after the initial conference in Tokyo in 2005.

Place: Meiji University, Surugadai Campus, Liberty Tower Kanda-Surugadai 1-1, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Station: Ochanomizu, Shin-Ochanomizu, Jinbocho

Submissions: Please send abstracts of up to 200 words as well as any questions to: kinemaclub14 at gmail.com