[KineJapan] Le Moulin

matteo boscarol via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Thu May 12 08:51:00 EDT 2016

Dear KineJapanners,

A couple of month ago I had the chance to see Le Moulin, an experimental documentary directed by the Taiwanese Huang Ya-li. The movie was screened this year in Rotterdam and it is now at the Taiwan International Decumentary Festival where I think it just got some prize. Besides being a very good and aesthetically engaging work, it's also interesting because there are many images/photos of Japan, and of course Taiwan, during the 30s, and it explores - albeit with an experimental touch - the artistic relations between Taiwan and Japan during the colonial period. The topic of the documentary is Le Moulin Poetry Society:

  "After forty years of Japanese colonial rule, Taiwan's first modern art group, Le Moulin Poetry Society, emerged in the 1930s with their poetic protest against the colonial power's cultural superiority. Regarding the Surrealists as their absolute role models, Le Moulin poets composed poetry in an uncompromising and sophisticated style to confront the turbulent era they lived in"

It was a fascinating surprise for me and so I thought it may be of interst for the members of KineJapan.

Regards

Matteo Boscarol
ボスカロル マッテオ
記憶ただ陽炎のゆらめき
- LuccaFilmFestival
Asia and Japan Correspondent
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__luccafilmfestival.it&d=DQIFJg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=e7qMG9KFq7WNnPQWULWHJA&m=jf1d3Nh_YYAykbOSjP4rCzjcHo9KS3AN-3cpplpswYk&s=zBleGmxarr0Gd4S5AqLOMOFnVKJePM5IZdE5fmNmxxg&e=
- Sonatine2010
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sonatine2010.blogspot.jp&d=DQIFJg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=e7qMG9KFq7WNnPQWULWHJA&m=jf1d3Nh_YYAykbOSjP4rCzjcHo9KS3AN-3cpplpswYk&s=Yl_388HqZ2rs-EJAet87Otl2UkfoIEeFiX79sUFLlkg&e=
- Storia(e) del Documentario in Giappone
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__storiadocgiappone.wordpress.com&d=DQIFJg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=e7qMG9KFq7WNnPQWULWHJA&m=jf1d3Nh_YYAykbOSjP4rCzjcHo9KS3AN-3cpplpswYk&s=vCh9wTj86mN537-KxxAn6CDP0MohnkMiEW4xzAUQYhc&e=
- Screenweek Japan