[KineJapan] 10 Years Japan (Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum)

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Sat Dec 30 19:48:16 EST 2017

With simultaneous productions in Taiwan and Thailand, it will be
fascinating to see how various political climates will exert pressure (or
not) on narrative construction, acting....everything. I look forward to
seeing them.

Markus

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 7:08 AM Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via
KineJapan <kinejapan at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Dear Marcus,
> Thank you for bringing this project to our attention. It is absolutely
> fascinating. I saw 10 Years at the Spot Cinema in Taipei (the one owned by
> Hou Hsiao-Hsien). It was standing room only. When the film was over the
> audience sat in silence, and then the entire crowd left in absolute
> silence. It seemed that everyone - Taiwanese citizens and long-time
> residents were thinking, "Could it happen here?"
> best
> ej
> Earl Jackson
> Professor
> Chair, Foreign Languages and Literatures
> National Chiao Tung University
> Associate Professor, Emeritus
> University of California, Santa Cruz
> Co-Director
> Trans-Asia Screen Cultures Institute

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
Department of Screen Arts and Cultures, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Department of Screen Arts and Cultures*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*