[KineJapan] 10 Years Japan (Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum)

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Sat Dec 30 17:07:35 EST 2017

Dear Marcus,
Thank you for bringing this project to our attention. It is absolutely
fascinating. I saw 10 Years at the Spot Cinema in Taipei (the one owned by
Hou Hsiao-Hsien). It was standing room only. When the film was over the
audience sat in silence, and then the entire crowd left in absolute
silence. It seemed that everyone - Taiwanese citizens and long-time
residents were thinking, "Could it happen here?"
best
ej
Earl Jackson
Professor
Chair, Foreign Languages and Literatures
National Chiao Tung University
Associate Professor, Emeritus
University of California, Santa Cruz
Co-Director