[KineJapan] question abstract animation and meaning/narrative

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Fri Apr 13 03:25:00 EDT 2018

Paul,

How nice to hear from you!
And thank you for writing...

It would be fabulous if you could send me your chapter including links
to abstract Japanese animation as soon as the book is released. I am
curious what you address and how.

May I please ask you what you mean by Cathy Munroe Hotes’ blog?
And do you possibly have a PDF of Sobcack's "The Line and the Animorph"?

Yes, of course, there is several writing on Fischinger, Lye and the
like, but little about moving beyond the visual rhythm/music reading,
and in fact revealing other narratives than that of the early European
avant-garde (part of THE ONE MODERNITY).

Paul, it would be great if you can send me your details to: sissu at basicray.org
I would love to reconnect more properly.

And lastly, if there are some Asian texts on the subject matter, I
would still be interested in knowing what those are and get them
translated in case.

Thank you so much,
Verina

Quoting Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan