[KineJapan] Sea of Youth

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Fri Mar 30 02:51:27 EDT 2018

I am in France introducing Ogawa films and lecturing at Cinéma du Réel, Jeu
de Paume, and École des hautes études en sciences sociales (they kept me so
busy I have yet to have eaten a real meal). They are pretty much showing
all the Ogawa films. The program has attracted a lot of attention. I’ve met
people who have travelled from as far away as Italy, Portugal, and Germany
just for this retrospective.

We’re three films in so far and the crowds are actually applauding after
each showing.......even for Sea of Youth!??!   Usually, you have to
apologize for that film, and promise everyone that it gets better. These
people are going to have their minds blown from here on out. The Sanrizuka
Series starts today. Parisian audiences are amazing.

Markus
--
---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
Department of Screen Arts and Cultures, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Department of Screen Arts and Cultures*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*