[KineJapan] Imaizumi Kouichi Screening in Boston on Saturday

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Tue Mar 27 09:40:40 EDT 2018

Hello All!

For those in the Boston area this weekend: On Saturday (the 31st) the new
film by Imaizumi Kouichi is playing at the Brattle Theater as part of the
Wicked Queer Film Festival. I haven’t seen the film yet but it’s a really
interesting project- a film shot in Berlin with a script by Tagame Gengoroh
(the manga artist- well known for his work for gay magazines, and more
recently of the hit manga *My Brother’s Husband*).

Imaizumi will be at the screening to talk about the film. He is one of the
most prominent queer filmmakers in Japan, with a prior career acting in
pink film. His films have long been screened at international film
festivals; this time the film seems a bit less experimental than his
previous works.

Ian Condry has Kindly volunteered to help with interpretation for the Q&A
after the screening- one more reason to check it out!

Best,

Alex

……………………

Alexander Zahlten

Associate Professor

Dept. of East Asian Languages and Civilizations

Harvard University

Director of Graduate Studies, Regional Studies East Asia