[KineJapan] Imaizumi Kouichi Screening in Boston on Saturday

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Tue Mar 27 11:18:09 EDT 2018

Dear Kine-Japanners,

I'm happy to say I worked with Kawaguchi Takao on the subtitles for
Imaizumi's most recent film. Viewers may want to be aware there are plenty
of direct sex scenes.  (I say this not as word of warning, but as word of
encouragement, or perhaps encouragement is too much.)

Personally, I found the film interesting in parts, especially the attempt
to capture in cinema the way in which manga squares and centers sex.
Imaizumi was very conscious of this matter while filming and editing, and
you can really see it.

Since we've been talking about TV of late, I should add to Alex's comment.
Long beloved by the gay community, Tagame's manga work is reaching
mainstream TV audiences through the broadcast serialization of *My
Brother's Husband*.

Jonathan M Hall
Los Angeles