[KineJapan] Ogawa in Paris

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Sat May 5 17:21:17 EDT 2018

The similarities between Ogawa Pro’s shift towards the use of long takes (1972-73) and Rouch experimenting with “shot sequence/plan sequence” (usually 10 minutes) in Horendi, Yenendi de Gangel and Tourou et Bitti (1970-72), although there are big differences like Rouch using the camera as a catalyst for instance, is also fascinating.

Julia, I can send you the scans of the book (please contact me off list if you’re interested: matteo.boscarol at gmail)

Matteo Boscarol
ボスカロル マッテオ
記憶ただ陽炎のゆらめき
- Documentary in Japan and Asia