[KineJapan] 100 years of Kinema Junpō

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 11 09:47:31 EDT 2019

 Not sure, but I know one that is not 100 years old. The BFI put out a press release on the 7th June that 'Sight and Sound' was "the world's oldest film magazine". I emailed straight back, copying Nick James, saying ""Launched in 1932, Sight & Sound is the world’s oldest film magazine"I don't think so!  Even Kinema Junpo, launched in 1919, only claims to be Japan's oldest film magazine."
I never heard back and they didn't correct.R.