[KineJapan] Fwd: The 20th Nippon Connection Film Festival Goes Online

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Mon Apr 20 12:53:39 EDT 2020

Good news from Frankfurt!

Markus

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Nippon Connection <info at nipponconnection.com>
Date: Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 8:44 AM
Subject: The 20th Nippon Connection Film Festival Goes Online
To: <nornes at umich.edu>

Wird diese Nachricht nicht richtig dargestellt, klicken Sie bitte *hier*
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/m/7496522/0-1528b6efc8bfba2bb3127189f16653cb>.

<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799287/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695>
*The 20th Nippon Connection Film Festival Goes Online from June 9 to 14,
2020! <https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799288/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695>**
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799289/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695>*

With a heavy heart we must announce that, due to the currently developing
spread of the novel coronavirus, the *Japanese Film Festival Nippon
Connection* cannot be held in its usual form this year.

But we want to make the best of a difficult situation, cancelling the
festival is not an option for us! Thus, we have decided to hold *Nippon
Connection’s 20**th** Anniversary* as an online festival from *June 9 – 14,
2020.*

Especially in a crisis such as this, we think it is important to maintain a
cultural exchange and give filmmakers and artists a public platform. Even
this year, a diverse selection of current Japanese short and feature length
films will be presented under the title *Nippon Connection **Online**. *
Through* interactive offerings* such as live streams and panel discussions
with filmmakers you can get a first-hand experience of the festival!

A colorful supporting program has set apart Nippon Connection since its
first edition. We want to use the special circumstances this year has
brought and continue our cultural offerings online. A *digital program* of
online workshops, presentations, and concerts as well as a virtual
marketplace will bring a piece of Japan into your home.

We are hard at work on the new concept for this *virtual anniversary
edition* and we would love for you to be a part of it. In the coming weeks
we will announce further details of the program for *Nippon Connection *
*Online.*

We can’t wait to see you online!

*NipponConnection.com
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799288/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695>*
* Facebook
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799290/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695> *
* Twitter
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799291/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695> *
* Instagram
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799292/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695> *
* Blog <https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/c/32799293/119cadb02fd8-1f9r695>*

Wenn Sie diese E-Mail (an: nornes at umich.edu) nicht mehr empfangen möchten,
können Sie diese *hier*
<https://40023.seu1.cleverreach.com/rmftlp.php?cid=0&mid=7496522&h=0-119cadb02fd8-1f9r695>
kostenlos abbestellen.

Nippon Connection e.V.
Schwedlerstrasse 1-5, c/o Atelierfrankfurt
60314 Frankfurt
Deutschland
Fon: 069 847 76 565
info at nipponconnection.com