[KineJapan] Demon Slayer now number 1 film of all time

Rea Amit reavolution at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 06:59:18 EST 2020

Reasons for a given work's popularity are always speculative. Toho producer
Ichikawa Minami told the Asahi that because people spend more time at home
they read more manga, watch more anime, and that Demon Slayer caters, like
Spirited Away, to both adults and children. In addition to his questionable
remarks about the Japanese penchant for themes of friendship and family, he
also points out that because of the pandemic there was less competition
from Hollywood, but perhaps the film succeeds despite covid, and not thanks
to it.

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASNDX52SLNDPUCVL016.html

Me and my elementary school daughters can't wait to watch it already!

Yoi o toshi o

Rea