[KineJapan] new publication

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Wed Feb 17 10:10:54 EST 2021

Congratulations, Mitsuyo!! This looks fascinating!  You’re tougher than me.
I started a piece on this shortly after it happened, watched nearly 300
documentaries, and got so depressed I put it in a drawer. I look forward to
seeing your take on this, especially with the historical context up front.

I have Funahashi-san coming to UM’s CJS next week for a Q and A after
people watch Nuclear Nation. If anyone is interested in sneaking in, let me
know.

He has been back in Fukushima shooting a third film among the people of
Futaba.

I’m curious if there will be any theatrical docs coming out about 311. I’m
sure tv is gearing up for maximum saturation.

Markus

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:06 AM Mitsuyo Wada-Marciano via KineJapan <
kinejapan at mailman.yale.edu> wrote:

> My new book, *No Nukes*, was just published from Nagoya University Press,
> in which I analyzed documentary films before/after 3.11 and contemporary
> art.  I hope some of you are interested in it.  Here is the link to the
> book, and you could of course find it at amazon.co.jp.
>

> https://www.unp.or.jp/ISBN/ISBN978-4-8158-1014-6.html
>

> all the best,
>

> Mitsuyo Wada-Marciano, Dr.
> Director of Transcultural Studies
> Kyoto University
> Graduate School of Letters
> Yoshida-honmachi Sakyo-ku Kyoto Japan 606-8501
>
> https://www.cats.bun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/jdts/team/academic-staff/mitsuyo-wada-marciano/

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*