[KineJapan] new publication

shota ogawa sogawa at nagoya-u.jp
Wed Feb 17 10:19:36 EST 2021

Congratulations Mitsuyo!
I have the book. Can't wait to read it with our students.

Shota

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 12:11 AM Markus Nornes via KineJapan <
kinejapan at mailman.yale.edu> wrote:

> Congratulations, Mitsuyo!! This looks fascinating!  You’re tougher than
> me. I started a piece on this shortly after it happened, watched nearly 300
> documentaries, and got so depressed I put it in a drawer. I look forward to
> seeing your take on this, especially with the historical context up front.
>
> I have Funahashi-san coming to UM’s CJS next week for a Q and A after
> people watch Nuclear Nation. If anyone is interested in sneaking in, let me
> know.
>
> He has been back in Fukushima shooting a third film among the people of
> Futaba.
>
> I’m curious if there will be any theatrical docs coming out about 311. I’m
> sure tv is gearing up for maximum saturation.
>
> Markus
>

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:06 AM Mitsuyo Wada-Marciano via KineJapan <
> kinejapan at mailman.yale.edu> wrote:
>
>> My new book, *No Nukes*, was just published from Nagoya University
>> Press, in which I analyzed documentary films before/after 3.11 and
>> contemporary art.  I hope some of you are interested in it.  Here is the
>> link to the book, and you could of course find it at amazon.co.jp.
>>

>> https://www.unp.or.jp/ISBN/ISBN978-4-8158-1014-6.html
>>

>> all the best,
>>

>> Mitsuyo Wada-Marciano, Dr.
>> Director of Transcultural Studies
>> Kyoto University
>> Graduate School of Letters
>> Yoshida-honmachi Sakyo-ku Kyoto Japan 606-8501
>>
>> https://www.cats.bun.kyoto-u.ac.jp/jdts/team/academic-staff/mitsuyo-wada-marciano/
>>
> --
> ---
>
> *Markus Nornes*
> *Professor of Asian Cinema*
> Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages
> and Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design
>
> *Department of Film, Television and Media*
> *6348 North Quad*
> *105 S. State Street*
> *Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*

__________________
Shota Ogawa 小川翔太
Graduate School of Letters
Nagoya University
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku
Nagoya 464-8601
T. 052-789-2252

Pronouns: he/him/his
Out now: Routledge Handbook of Japanese Cinema, edited by
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>
Joanne Bernardi and Shota T. Ogawa
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>