[KineJapan] Japan Foundation support for film events during pandemic

Eija Niskanen eija.niskanen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:33:31 EST 2021

Hi guys!
Are there any on the list who have received Japan Foundation support for
film events? I am asking because we have received a preliminary yes for our
film event. Due to the budget year in Japan (April-March) the event should
take place in March. And it has always previously (we have received JF
support several times). Now, we cannot be sure what the Covid restrictions
in Helsinki are in mid-March (currently no movie theaters are open, this
ruling is until end of Jan). Have any of you been in a similar situation,
and has JF shown any flexibility in this situation?
Best,
Eija Niskanen
helsinkicineaasia.fi