[KineJapan] Kimetsu no Yaiba/Demon Slayer Special Issue

Bryan Hartzheim bhartzheim at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 04:23:08 EDT 2021

A few of you made some inquiries into the Demon Slayer symposium Mitsuhiro
Yoshimoto and I hosted (online) at Waseda back in March. Apologies for the
delayed response. Though we didn't broadcast the presentations online, many
of the presenters ended up writing articles based on what they had talked
about during the two-day seminar. These articles have been collected in a
special Kimetsu-themed issue of our grad journal, *Transcommunication*,
which is now available open access to anyone who would like to know more
about this media phenomenon from a variety of different perspectives:

https://waseda.repo.nii.ac.jp/index.php?action=pages_view_main&active_action=repository_view_main_item_snippet&index_id=4200&pn=1&count=20&order=7&lang=english&page_id=15&block_id=22

Considering the typical academic publication cycle and the fact that the
second season "Yukakuhen" arc (my personal favorite) is about to start,
we're happy that we can still talk about this franchise "in the moment"
before everyone has moved onto the next anime flavor of the month.

Best,

Bryan Hikari Hartzheim
Graduate School of International Culture and Communication Studies
Waseda University