[KineJapan] AAS-in-ASIA, Taegu, special screening of contemporary filmmakers/artists

shota ogawa sogawa at nagoya-u.jp
Sat Jun 17 08:54:05 EDT 2023

To anyone attending AAS-in-Asia in Taegu,

I am co-organizing a screening event showcasing the latest works by Kim
Dong-ryung & Park Kyoung-tae
<https://pregnantgoblin.notion.site/pregnantgoblin/263b75b23e7c45fc8d7cbe34cc9f34ec>(Terayama
Shuji Award winner in 2020 Image Forum Festival: *Pregnant Tree and the
Goblin*) and Soni Kum <http://www.sonikum.com> (retrospective held at DMZ
2022)*. *Kim & Park will give the audience the first glimpse of their new
film, still in progress, *Melancholic Summer* (working title). Kum will
exhibit her three-channel video installation (though using just one screen
and one projector this time), *Morning Dew: The Stigma of Being
"Brainwashed"* (2020, winner of Kawamura Arts and Cultural Foundation
Socially Engaged Art Support Grant).

   - Date and Time: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 19:00-21:30
   - Venue: Humanities Korea Hall, Room B101, KNU

Please feel free to pass this info on to anyone attending the conference.

We also have a panel session earlier on the same day, also featuring Park
Kyoung-tae and Kum Soni as presenters.

   - Panel Title: Archive Effects in East Asia: Thinking across Theory and
   Practice with Artists and Researchers
   - Date and Time: Saturday, June 24, 2023, 10:00-11:50 AM
   - Venue: Humanities Korea Hall, Room 101, KNU

More details:
https://asianstudies.confex.com/asianstudies/asia2023/meetingapp.cgi/Session/3452

Hope to see you there.

Shota

--
Shota Ogawa 小川翔太

Pronouns: he/him/his
Out now: Routledge Handbook of Japanese Cinema, edited by
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>
Joanne Bernardi and Shota T. Ogawa
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>