[KineJapan] Fukuoka City Public Library Movie Hall, Cinélà

adrian restorationasia.org adrian at restorationasia.org
Tue Jan 23 22:40:00 EST 2024

Resident in Fukuoka for the past seven years I have collaborated with colleagues at the Fukuoka City Public Library Film Archive on several occasions, it has been a very rewarding experience.

Last month’s edition of the FIAF BULLETIN ONLINE<https://www.calameo.com/fiaf/read/0009185402f9f755f96fc> contains this news from the Archive:

“Eijun Sugihara is a newly-appointed curator of Fukuoka City Public Library Film Archive and Movie Hall Cine-la. After working in programming at Auditorium Shibuya in Tokyo, he served as a film curator at Yamaguchi Center for Arts and Media and Aichi Triennale 2019. His latest work as a producer is Gama (2023), directed by Kao­ri Oda. Sugihara was involved in various projects and exhibition curations, including the filmmaking group Kuzoku’s “ILHA FORMOSA” (2023) at Sapporo Cultural Arts Community Center (SCARTS).”

For those interested in knowing more about the archive’s Asian film collection, details can be found here<https://toshokan.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/files/FilmDetail/FilmDetail_509_file.pdf>.

Adrian Wood
Fukuoka