[KineJapan] Stills from Tōhō

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Wed May 8 02:43:45 EDT 2024

Good luck. Toho is tough. And by that I mean a bad combination of
possessiveness and disinterest.

I’d go through the Kurosawa family. But if you find yourself running up
against brick walls, I’d use Most Beautiful. It should be in the public
domain now.

Markus

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*

Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/>*
*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street**Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*