FWD: little brown moths GEHP

Gordon Ramel bug.man at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Dec 26 06:29:36 EST 1997

----- Forwarded message follows -----
Delivery-Date: Wed, 24 Dec 97 14:01:56 +0000
Alternate-Recipient: allowed
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 97 13:53:12 +0000
To: bugnet at ero.ent.iastate.edu
Subject: little brown moths GEHP
From: rich at larside.demon.co.uk
Encoding: 12 IA5TEXT

This message is from Richard Avery <rich at larside.demon.co.uk>, a Person interested in the wonder of wildlife! from Salisbury, Wiltshire (southern England).

Since late summer I have been finding several small buff coloured moths on the walls of my kitchen. My wife disposes of them (sorry!) and next morning there are another three or four, definitely not the ones that were disposed of.

They are about 11 or 12cms long and 2 or 3 cms wide. they lay with there wings folded alongside their body, looking like miniature cigars. What are they please? Can I send a couple of specimens to someone for positive ID. I am a bit nervous about the possibility of clothes moth infestation but can't find any evidence of cocoons or larvae anywhere in the house.  Many thanks

--
NOTE: This message was sent using a WWW form. Replies should be sent to the following email address which was typed manually, and may  be incorrect: <rich at larside.demon.co.uk>.

----- End of forwarded message -----