Small Tortoiseshell

Jorricks jorricks at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 15:44:14 EST 1997

Late record for 1997 -

A Small Tortoiseshell (Aglais urticae) was discovered, alive and well, on the
inside of our front door yesterday (30/12). Perhaps it was shocked into life by
not having its Christmas dinner on time as we were out of the vital electric
juice until 5pm on Christmas day!

Hope you all have a very happy and peaceful New Year.

'Unting is all that's worth living for ...., it is like the hair we breathe -
if we have it not we die - it's the sport of kings, the image of war without
its guilt, and only five-and-twenty per cent of its danger.