Male cecropia mate twice??

Leino Oli JUNKSTOPestoboy at sympatico.ca
Sat Jun 7 17:03:06 EDT 1997

I have three cecropia that have hatched in the last few days. 2 female 1 male.
2 are going at it right now and I was curious if the male will try to mate with
the other female once he's done with #1.  (None of the books or documents I
have alude to this question)

Regards,
Leino Ole
estoboy at sympatico.ca

Also,  One of the females is very transparent and lacks alot of scales and
pigment.  Even her abdomen is very bland.  It lacks alot of the crimson colour.
Will she produce offspring with the same deficiencies or did something just go
wrong during the metamorphosis??  Could this be a byproduct of interbreeding?
Thanks in advance!
Leino