Usenet? Listservers? LEPS-L?

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri May 16 14:18:55 EDT 1997

In article <01bc6200$1145a430$cb9901be at IS3203>
           mwalker at aisvt.bfg.com "Mark Walker" writes:

> Neil Jones wrote
>
> > I can confirm that the gating system works. I have been picking up
> > the messages by both methods for some months now. What does happen
> > as an inevitable result of the way usenet works is that things arrive
> > out of sequence. So far I am unaware of anything that has not made it
> through.
>
> Well, I'm still not completely sure.  As I mentioned before, I know that I
> didn't have the same degree of _access_ that I now have after subscribing.
> But in addition, I noticed that some of the posts on the newsgroup (which
> I'd like to stop reading) did not make it to my mailbox.  Specifically, I
> did not receive Pierre Plauzoles last post dated 5/14/97, and have not yet

I have noticed that Pierre's postings have taken a while to propagate before.

> seen the post for Carsten Loser's Japanese Lep Web page (although this
> could be a routing delay).

It has appeared on both systems for me. It probably was a routing delay.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a