Identifying a moth

Elizabeth Saft ews6v at virginia.edu
Wed May 21 15:06:03 EDT 1997

I am not at ALL a lepidopterist.  However, I recently found a beautiful
moth and have been unable to identify it.  So I thought maybe you
experts could help me.
	The moth was found in central Virginia.  It was notable for its
pink and yellow striping, and almost fur-like yellow head.  Having
looked at a bunch of moth pictures, the only other pertinent thing I
could tell you is that its body did not extend below its wings; the
wings were wide and deep and went the length of its body.  It was
probably an inch or less long.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'm at:
	ews6v at virginia.edu.  Thanks.  Liz