Moth ID

Mike Soukup mikayak at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 20 09:34:22 EST 1997

Hi everybody.  I'm Mike, an amateur collector in Maryland.  I recently
moved into a new house, brought my collection (from Mom's!) and began
"updating" it.  While doing this, I found a moth that I can't ID.  Years
ago (15 maybe), while collecting in Florida, I caught a day-flying
wasp-type moth that LOOKS like it belongs in the Genus Syntomeida.  It
has a black body and all red wings. The wings also have a black stripe
along the outer margin.  It is a VERY distinctive moth.  My problem is
more lack of resources.  I only have Covell's  and Holland's books for
ID of Arctiids (anybody know if the "Moths of North America" series is
ever going to do Arctiidae?).  Looking at the checklist
--
Mike Soukup
mikayak at ix.netcom.com
Web Page => http://pw1.netcom.com/~mikayak