REleamses

Mark Walker mwalker at aisvt.bfg.com
Wed Oct 8 08:49:18 EDT 1997

Stanley wrote:

> The following excerpt from an incessant thread of postings in a _lepidoptera_
> newsgroup, plus all the other gibberish that's been appearing lately (the
> heavy use of CAPITAL LETTERS is a good predictor of a high noise/signal
> ratio), is a real solid argument for a moderated lepidoptera newsgroup.

Moderated, or filtered?

I somewhat resent the implication that I might someday be _thanked_and_excused_
from participation because of the perceived gibberishness of my contributions.
It's a bit scary.  I don't consider anything that I'm interested in or have
posted to be gibberish.

Well, almost none of it is gibberish (this is one of those words that looks
sillier the longer you stare at it).

I'm not against making direct requests for proper etiquette, however.

Mark Walker.