Help with Butterfly-predacious Hornets

J W pm.nc-1 at usa.net
Sun Oct 19 13:57:28 EDT 1997

Hi.

My location is n-w North Carolina.

I am seeking information on eliminating a large,  orange-yellow
colored hornet which frequently preys on butterflies which are
attracted to a butterfly bush in my yard.

I would appreciate any info pertaining to the typical nest-site
(location and discreption),  for these hornets as I have been unable
to locate a nest.  Any info regarding these hornets daily flight-range
may also be helpful in locating the nest/s.

The frequency with which the incidents of predation have been observed

IS significant,  from my perspective,   with respect to the butterfly
population in my yard,  and my preferences in wildlife.

Unless these hornets are on some endangered species list,  I would
like to put them nearer to one !

Thank you,
"JW"