Monarch Butterfly Articles/Ads

donald.davis at utoronto.ca donald.davis at utoronto.ca
Sun Oct 26 09:59:22 EST 1997

I would be interested in hearing about any new monarch butterfly articles
or advertisements.

The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce recently launched an advertisement
campaign under the theme "CIBC - Seeing Beyond", in which a monarch larva
crawls across a numbered keypad, is picked up and a hand closed on it,
and when the hand is opened, an adult monarch is shown. At the end of the
ad, the adult monarch is flying about.

The monarch documentary produced by Asterisk Productions will air on the
Discovery Channel in Canada on December 7th at 9 pm, with repeats at 1 am
the following morning and on the following Saturday. Times are subject to
change. I have seen a preview of the documentary and it is very well
done. Copies may be purchased in the United States and Canada. Asterisk
Productions can be reached at: asterisk at islandnet.com.

A lone monarch butterfly was spotted at Presqu'ile Provincial Park near
Brighton, Ontario yesterday, October 25th. Daytime temperatures only
reached 50 F. but the sun had obviously warmed a number of insects up
enough so that they could fly about. The monarch was observed on the
western beaches by Audrey Wilson of Cobourg.

Don Davis
Toronto, ON

donald_davis at stubbs.woodsworth.utoronto.ca