UK butterflies

gordon.ramel gordon.ramel at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 1 04:00:58 EDT 1997

I would like to concur, loads of STs out this weekend in Devon I counted 7 on
10 feet of wall space sunning the other day as well

                   Yours Gratefully Gordon

        <G.J.L.Ramel at exeter.ac.uk or Gordon.Ramel at bbsrc.ac.uk>
        < http://www.ex.ac.uk/~gjlramel/welcome.html>
        < Phone work = +44 (0)1837 82558 ext. 173>
        < Fax work = +44 (0)1837 82139>
        < c/of I.G.E.R. North Wyke, Devon, England.  EX20 2SB.>

                  Children are the guardians of the future,
     knowledge should neither be inflicted on, nor withheld from them.

                 "felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas"

I have been noticing all season that relatively few Small Tortoiseshell
(Aglais urticae~) butterflies have been around. Yesterday however
I observed around 17 feeding on several clumps of Sedum spectabile in a
sunurban roadside garden in Neath, South Wales.
This was a great thing to see.

- --
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a
vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last
individual of a race of living things breathes no more another heaven and
another earth must pass before such a one can be again." William Beebe