More on Mr. T (bflying in parks)

Mark Walker mwalker at aisvt.bfg.com
Thu Sep 4 14:03:10 EDT 1997

Eric Metzler wrote:

> Thank you Paul. I'm always impressed with how different things are when
> one has the facts.

I feel the same way about this as I do about finding out that Diana's driver
was drunk.  Guilty or not, there's something more ominous than a hot-headed,
hand-flailing, backed-into-a-corner bug-poaching conviction going on here.
It's called a propagation of hype and misinformation - and it's infecting
otherwise sound-minded, rational people (including U.S.F.S and N.P.S.
personnel).  It's basis is presumptuous, self-righteous, and hypocritical.
It's outward impact is felt primarily on the good-intentioned,
environmentally-friendly minority who are willing to endure the elements and
get up-close-and-personal to what the majority could really careless about.  It
does little to address the REAL issues associated with our diminishing natural
resources.

And it rains on my parade.

Mark Walker.