Monarch transfers and releases (fwd)

Neil Jones Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sat Sep 27 02:10:13 EDT 1997

In message <19970927010801.VAA07829 at ladder01.news.aol.com> semjase at aol.com writes:
> This just sounds like just so much sour grapes and killjoy attitude to me.
>  With an attitude like the one expressed nobody could ever do anything.
> Sorry but you can't control the world Neil
>
> S.

The use of the word "killjoy" is very interesting. This monarch release
was not supposed to have been done for pleasure but for science.
My view is that it is wrong and was a publicity stunt. Many eminent
scientists are oposed to this kind of thing.
There are many people who enjoy helping in studying the monarch migration.
Their work is being ruinied. Their joy is being killed too.

--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk "The beauty and genius of a work of art
may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a