request: Biston betularia material

John True jrtrue at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sat Apr 18 14:18:18 EDT 1998

To all interested Lepidopterists:

I am undertaking a project on the genetic basis of industrial melanism in
the peppered moth, Biston betularia.  I am interested in obtaining frozen
fresh-caught adults for DNA-based analyses, particularly from populations
in which the melanic form is present, in either Europe or N. America.  If
you are finding melanic peppered moths in your traps I would be very
interested in hearing from you.  I will pay for all shipping costs and can
provide containers for shipping the frozen material.  Thank you very much.

John True