Widespread New England immigrant.

Mark Walker mwalker at aisvt.bfg.com
Mon Apr 27 08:25:58 EDT 1998

C. tullia has been quite common in Vermont, especially in cleared valley
areas that are beginning to grow over.  It is multiple brooded here, with
some variation between broods.  The first brood shows up right after the
first explosion in early June, and a later brood emerges after July.  Even
within broods, there appears to be some variation both in size, coloration,
and extent of markings.  They had me fooled after my first year here - I
thought there were two overlapping ssp.

With the way things are going this spring, they could show up in a few
weeks.

Mark Walker
Castleton, VT