Help ID'ing Mexican Manduca larva

Tuttle jtuttle at fiaaz.net
Wed Aug 19 16:19:32 EDT 1998

Has anyone reared Manduca kuschei from Mexico?? The existing literature
indicates that the life history is unknown. I have last instar larval
photos of a Manduca species that by process of elimination I suspect is
M. kuschei. Unfortunately, it appears that the resulting pupa is not
going to eclose. Immatures (including parasitized ova) of this mystery
Manduca have been taken in southeastern Arizona in each of the past two
years and are not any of the known resident species.

Jim Tuttle