Male vs. female

fred_heath at power-one.com fred_heath at power-one.com
Mon Aug 24 17:52:33 EDT 1998

        Good point. I should have made myself clear that I was asking about wing
pattern differences-- things that you can see without actually handling the
creature. I thought maybe the original post suggested that this had been figured
out for the Buckeye and I was simply curious, since I was not aware of any such
differences. I take it from your post that there is no difference that you know
of in male vs. female wing patterns.

        >We have had two requests for characters to differentiate male
     >vs. female butterflies. It is worth noting that, when there are no
     >such characters in the wing patterns, one can always sex adult
     >butter-flies by direct examination of the genitalia.
                                                        Ken Philip