So. Cal. Monarchs

DanauSakai danausakai at aol.com
Sun Dec 6 22:50:22 EST 1998

Paul
Do not be so condescending to those who were thoughtful enough to report
monarch numbers for the general subscriber.  It is quite likely that the
reporters only had time to visit a few monarch sites.  And it certainly seems
wiser to deciminate sites at public parks rather than a private residence as
you have done.  I certainly would not be pleased if someone mentioned a monarch
site in my backyard and have well meaning monarchophiles beating a path to my
door.

It seems as if your only intentions are (1) to intonate your patronization and
(2) to poke another barb at your philosophical adversary (Lincoln Brower).

For your information, I am a LANABA member and am aware of the many sites you
noted.  I have not visited them this season, as I have been ill since before
Thanksgiving.

Walt
Walter H. Sakai
Professor of Biology                  Research Associate
Santa Monica College                Entomology Section
1900 Pico Blvd          L.A. Co. Museum of Natural History
Santa Monica, CA 90405-1628
Tele:  (310)434-4702  <==
FAX: (310)434-3624   <==
Emails:  sakai_walter at smc.edu; DanauSakai at aol.com