nigrosuffusa

Doug Dawn ddawn at nl1.telmex.net.mx
Thu Dec 10 11:40:18 EST 1998

Thanks for the confirmation, Mark.  Can anybody shed some light on the latest
opinions on the Junonia "nigrosuffusa" (Dark Buckeye) classification?  Here in
Nuevo Leon, Mex., there is a continuum from white to the dark chocolate Mark is
seeing.  Larger bugs sometime tend to be more chocolate than smaller ones, and I
also wonder if this is not related to dryness, too...Doug.
___________________________________
Douglas David Dawn
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/4048/
Dawn Photo
http://members.tripod.com/dawnphoto/
N.  25º 37.408'
W. 100º 22.003'
Altitude 910 meters
Sylvania Pinus-Quercus

Mark Walker wrote:

 These were definitely Junonia, and very dark chocolate brown.  I saw
individuals on short walks up in Refugio Co. also.  It's pouring down rain
today in Houston.

        Mark Walker.