CA junonia coenia host plant id?

Laurel Godley godley at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:34:10 EST 1998

I'm looking for help in identifying a weed.  This lovely little plant
was so gracious as to host a hoard of junonia coenia caterpillars this
summer here in San Jose, California.

I have pic files I can email to anybody willing to give it a crack, but
as previously requested they are not attached to this email.  Please
contact me.  I'm quite curious as it is not specifically listed as a
host plant in any of the literature I've researched.  It was quite lush
and was prefered by the caterpillars over the plantago and 'snapdragons'
I was growing for them.  Just goes to prove that a weedy garden can be a
happy garden after all!  Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards...  Laurel