Query : hornets attracted to light but not wasps

Ian Thirlwell Ian at dunlinclose.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 15:22:11 EST 1998

My own experience has been limited but I regularly get a few wasps in my
garden trap (mercury vapour lamp) in an urban edge location, whereas in a
woodland area hornets will appear in traps during an evening's mothing
session. From this I assume that either may turn up if they are present
anyway.

Ian Thirlwell
Hampshire
UK
ian at dunlinclose.freeserve.co.uk

Prichard,AW,NAR7 PRICHAA2 M wrote in message
<199812220909.EAA25640 at gr.its.yale.edu>...
>Hi
>
>My experience from moth trapping is that many more hornets turn up at the
UV