Moths coming to lights at night

DR. JAMES ADAMS jadams at Carpet.dalton.peachnet.edu
Wed Jul 1 10:03:15 EDT 1998

Dear listers,

         Mike makes a couple of great points.  He is completely
correct in that there are a huge number of moths, and other insects
as well, that will never come to lights.  The perceived rarity of a
number of species is simply because we infrequently encounter them,
and don't have the means by which to attract them.  And, also
correctly, lights go with development.  As we all know, the
greatest threat to the vast majority of species is development by
humans.  Ah, progress . . .

                    James