Bt references

James J. Kruse kruse at nature.berkeley.edu
Wed Jul 1 15:20:08 EDT 1998

Hello,

> >I can confirm that Mourning Cloaks do use elm trees.

Okay.  Thanks to all who wrote to me and gave me this info. Learn
something every day.

> I wonder how in the world he could have missed the most common food plant.

Well, in my old neck of the woods, Wisconsin, the most common food plant
is willows and aspens. I say again, I have never seen N. antiopa on elm,
but I'm not _really_ a butterfly person (though I like Erebia and Oenis a
lot, and do collect others), so if you say it is so, great!

This was a side point, and I wish someone would address the references
request.

Cheers!
Jim Kruse
University of California at Berkeley