wild Manduca sexta in southeastern US

art.woods at asu.edu art.woods at asu.edu
Mon Jul 13 11:46:03 EDT 1998

Hello all,

I've recently started a project to examine geographic variation in larval
Manduca sexta.  In particular, I'm interested in how larvae maintain water
balance in both dry areas (desert Southwest) and more wet, humid areas
(e.g. southeast US).  I am in the process of setting up a breeding colony of
sexta with individuals caught in Arizona.  I would also like to start a colony
with sexta from the southeastern US--is there anyone who has access to local
populations of wild M. sexta and would be willing to send me several
hundred eggs or larvae?  If so, please contact me directly.

Cheers,
Art Woods

Department of Biology
Arizona State University