Lack of butterflies

Ted Mosquin mosquin at superaje.com
Mon Jul 13 12:04:44 EDT 1998

Re: Papilio glaucus:

For the record here in Eastern Ontario (west of Perth) the tiger swallow tail was
extremely common this year. There were 2 or three around flower beds and local
meadows in May and June. However,  in 1997 this species was so scarce that one
could see perhaps only one every few days, if then.

This summer, the satyrs and wood nymphs seem to be quite common as well.  Monarchs
arrived in mid June, but are not abundant, although there is plenty of milkweed
everywhere.

Ted Mosquin