Painted Lady Migration?

Pierre A Plauzoles ae779 at lafn.org
Tue Mar 17 20:50:58 EST 1998

In a previous article, aa6g at AA6G.ORG (Chuck Vaughn) says:

>I spent a couple of hours today at friend's house in Walnut Creek, California.
>It was a nice sunny 70 F day and I noticed a sparse but steady stream of
>Painted Ladies headed from south to north. The rate was about one every
>5 minutes. They all seemed to be on a mission to fly as far as possible in one
>day. This reminded me of the big migration back in the 1980's.
>
>Has anyone else noticed a migration underway?

Yes, I think so.  I was out in Palmdale and Valyermo on Sunday, and
they were out doing the same thing there as well.  As a matter of fact, I
noticed it in other areas, too: 1/ in the eastern part of the L A
metropolitan area, 2/ in the upper part of Big Tujunga Canyon (in Angeles
National Forest), 3/ in Santa Clarita Valley, and 4/ in Coachella Valley,
all in the last two weeks or so.

Pierre Plauzoles   ae779 at lafn.org
Canoga Park, California