monarch metamorphosis

Joseph G. Kunkel joe at bio.umass.edu
Fri May 8 17:49:04 EDT 1998

Bruce,
I did an Alta Vista advanced search on 'Danaus near Herman' since I knew
that W. Herman had done research on the topic and found the following
site with the included reference.  It was the first one my eyes lit upon
so there might be more.  It looks like what you want.

http://ron.nhm.ukans.edu/~monarch/resource/biblio/reprod.htm

Barker, J. F., Herman, W. S. 1976. Effect of photoperiod and temperature
on reproduction of the monarch butterfly, Danaus plexippus. Journal of
Insect Physiology 22:1565-1568 [Keywords: behavior,
physiology, reproduction, juvenile hormone, ovarian development]

Cheers,
Joe