New book on butterflies of Canada

Kenelm Philip fnkwp at aurora.alaska.edu
Fri May 8 18:31:25 EDT 1998

	For those (like me) who do not happen to have Word Perfect on
their computers, here is, more or less, the text contained in Don La-
fontaine's recent posting about the new Canada butterfly book:

The Butterflies of Canada. 1998, April. Ross A. Layberry, Peter W. Hall,
and J. Donald Lafontaine. Published by University of Toronto Press. Call
toll free 1-900-565-9523. 354 pages, 32 color plates, 296 maps (90K
dots). Price $29.95 (soft cover), $100.00 (hardcover) [about $22 and
$70 US]. Some new synonymies and statuses.

Why Don chose to post this short paragraph in Word Perfect is beyond
me.  :-)

	Also, when I ordered my copy a few weeks ago, the publisher
told me they were charging U.S. customers the full Canadian price _in
US dollars_. I checked with a bookstore in Anchorage, and they had the
US prices listed as $29.95 softcover, and $75 hardcover. So Don's
estimate of $22 US for the softcover version appears optimistic, unless
you can pick the book up in Canada.

							Ken Philip
fnkwp at aurora.alaska.edu