Recent leps in GEorgia

DR. JAMES ADAMS jadams at Carpet.dalton.peachnet.edu
Wed May 13 17:17:27 EDT 1998

Dear listers,

        Since Mark Walker is keeping you abreast of the progressing
season, I suppose I will, too.

        The only significant recent capture I have to report is a
Georgia specimen of the Baltimore Checkerspot (Euphydryas phaeton).
I was hoping I had located a colony, but I saw one and caught one
last Saturday, and, with two more searches in the same area, have
seen no more.  Alas.  Will keep searching, however.

         I'd also like to renew my request for recent updates on the
Celestrina revisions.  How many species are there in the east, which
names are valid, and so forth.

          Thanks!

                  James