Agraulis vanillae food

frontier frontier at pobox.com
Thu May 14 09:12:10 EDT 1998

 Hello all-

I have discovered several Agraulis vanillae larvae on a Passiflora plant
in my yard.  They have eaten almost the entire plant and have not shown
any indication that they are ready to stop.  Since this want't a large
plant, and there are no others in my yard, nor it seems, sold by any
local nursury, I am concerned that they w ill not have enough to eat.

I can find no literature describing anything else that they might eat.
I live in south Texas so there is not much vegetation to choose from.
Any suggustions?

Thank you!

Elizabeth Munger
N. 27º 31.064'