relaxing pointers -- injection

Bruce Walsh jbwalsh at u.arizona.edu
Tue May 19 12:57:12 EDT 1998

Years ago when I was an undergraduate working at the Entomology
Museum at the University of California at Davis, our head curator used to
relax specimens by using a small needle and inject them with distilled
water.  To my great surprise, this works great!.  I often use this technique
after first using the standard relaxing jar to soften things up a bit.
It makes a huge difference on those very stubborn individuals that just
won't relax completely.

Bruce Walsh
University of Arizona
Tucson,  AZ  85721  USA